These Are Our
In a healthy person, the doshas (Vata, Pitta and Kapha) are apparently in an equilibrium state which forms his/her body constitution. Ayurveda treatments establish a balance among vata, pitta and kapha, and thereby keep a person healthy.
ABHYANGAM – Body Massage
Abhyanga is the traditional Ayurvedic body massage with medicated oil. It is a method of external oleation (Snehana) where the herbal processed oil is applied and smeared over the body in a rhythmic way. A good amount of pressure is exerted during the process of Abhyanga.
Abhyanga/Snehanna followed by Sweda (steambath) is a good way to detoxify. By promoting perspiration it helps to eliminate metabolic wastes.
- It improves blood circulation
- Imparts smoothness and lustre to skin
- Strengthens muscles
- Reduces dryness of the skin
- It brings down your lethargy
The therapy in which, various herbal liquid pouring in a specific rhythm on the forehead and allowing it to run over the scalp down to hair. It is a soothing procedure which has both preventive and curative action and can be used for treating various shiro rogas (diseases pertaining to head/brain). It can be done using oil, decoction, medicated buttermilk, medicated milk etc.
- It relieves stress, anxiety, depression, and insomnia through natural serotonin, dopamine, and melatonin release.
- Shirodhara releases negative emotions and stabilizes mental functions by stimulating brain centers.
- It nourishes brain tissues by increasing blood circulation to the brain.
- It improves memory and power of sense organs.
- Done for conditions like Bell’s palsy, Psoriasis, Psychological conditions, Cerebral palsy, Paralysis etc.
UDWARTHANAM – HERBALBODY SCRUB
Udwarthana is the external application of medicated powders or paste on the body with affordable pressure. It is a type of dry therapy which does the cleansing of the largest organ-skin. Dry powder is used in most of the time and a in some conditions herbal powder is mixed with suitable oil or other liquid medicines based on disease and patient.
- It reduces excess fat, so very effective in Obesity.
- It imparts strength to muscles, glows the skin, and removes bad smell and itching.
- Udwarthana procedure enhances channel as well as cellular level of circulation.
- It is done in conditions like Obesity, Muscular dystrophy, Acute neuropathy, Paralysis, peripheral vascular diseases and other neurological diseases (in their first stage).
MUKHALEPA- HERBAL FACIAL
Mukhalepa is the facial done with complete herbal ingredients. Ayurveda herbal medicines are used according to the specific skin conditions.
- Helps to reduce, acne, pimple and scars which are acute in nature
- Nourishes the skin
- Face packs usually remove dead cells of skin.
- It helps to prevent premature aging of skin.
- Natural face packs make the skin look young and healthy.
- Regular practice of herbal facial bring glow to skin, improve skin texture and complexion.
Various Facials in SVN Ayurveda
- SVN Healing Facial
- SVN Fruit Facial
- SVN Rejuvenating Facial
PINDASWEDA –HERBAL HOT COMPRESS
Various types of Pinda Sweda are practiced in Ayurveda, as per the requirement of disease. A bolus of various herbs is made and applied warm by dipping in oil or other herbal decoction. This bolus is applied on body after oil massage.
Various types of Pinda Sweda are:
- Choorna Pinda Sweda
- Jambeera Pinda Sweda
- Patra Pinda Sweda
- Shashtika Pinda Sweda
These are very effective in acute phases of Arthritis conditions. It reduces swelling, stiffness and pain. It can be performed in acute disc prolapse, cervical radiculopathy and effective in Spondylitis, Sciatica, Osteoarthritis, Muscular Atrophy, Ankylosing Spondilitis etc.
SHIROLEPA – THALAPOTHICHIL
Application of paste on the head followed by bandaging for a specific period is Shirolepa or Thalapothichil. Generally bandaging is done with leaves. It is an external therapy usually done after Panchakarma therapies as palliative procedure. It can be done after applying oil over the body and head.
- It is very effective in psychological conditions like anxiety, in eye diseases like optic atrophy, diabetic retinopathy, retinal bleeding etc.
- Shiro Lepam gives good results in Insomnia, Hypertension, Premature graying of hair and pediatric conditions like ADHD.
Panchakarma therapies are considered as the facade of Ayurveda since its prevalence. ‘Pancha’ (five) and ‘Karma’ (action) compile the term Panchakarma which indicates five purificatory therapies. These five therapies do the detoxification of different systems in your body. The five therapies are
- Vamana – Medicine induced controlled Emesis
- Virechana- Medicine induced Purgation
- Nasya- Administration of herbal medicines through nostrils
- Basti- Administration of herbal enema
- Rakta Mokshana- Bloodletting therapy
Panchakarma can be curative as well as preventive. It does the cleansing of your body and mind. In order to acquire a good result in the detox program, one has to undergo 3 stages of treatment sessions- Purvakarma (preparatory therapies), Pradhanakarma (main therapies) and Pashcatkarma (rehabilitation and rejuvenative therapies). The ancient methods of therapies are very much relevant in this modern era through the holistic approach. Everyone can be benefitted from Panchakarma in order to stay healthy.
KATIVASTHI –OIL RETENTION ON SPINAL REGION
Kativasthi is performed for the diseases related to low back and waist region. In this procedure, specified medicated oil is retained for a particular period in the Kati region (low back or waist). This can be done for the whole Spinal region according to the condition.
- It helps to regain the mobility of the stiff joints of the vertebrae.
- Reduces pain and inflammation
- Removes spasm and rigidity of the muscles around the lumbosacral region.
- Nourishes the muscles, Bone and nerves.
- Increases vasodilatation, thus helps blood circulation in the spinal region
- Effective in Sciatica, Lumbar spondylitis, Chronic Backache, Degenerative spine changes, Disc prolapsed, Osteoarthritis of the hip.
NASYA – ONE OF THE PANCHAKARMA THERAPIES
It is a detox therapy in which herbal medicine is administered through nostrils. The medicines administered are as oils, juices of leaves, powder, ghee etc.
- Mainly it is done for treatment of jathroordwa diseases (diseases affecting head and upper body parts, including brain) like Sinusitis, Neurological diseases, Bell’s palsy, Cervical spondylitis, Headache, Trigeminal Neuralgia, Tonsillitis, Aphonia etc.
- Nasya karma opens the channel of thought.
- Improves the clarity of mind and intellect.
- It ensures the proper and healthy growth of hair.
- Early aging process is effectively prevented by the regular administration of Nasya karma.
In SVN Ayurveda we provide Online services like Audio & Video Consultation. Knowledge seekers who are interested in topics of Ayurveda can contact us.